[Tlhingan-hol] DuSaQ

David Trimboli david at trimboli.name
Wed Dec 12 06:47:01 PST 2012

On 12/12/2012 9:20 AM, Gaerfindel wrote:

> qaStaHvIS po DuSaQDaq leng puqloDjI' puqbe'jI' je.

puqloDwI' puqbe'wI' je

> 'oHDaq lengmeH lupwI' Sov 'ej wov lutIJ.

I think you mean:

SuDbogh lupwI' 'ej wovbogh lutIj

This is a tricky one, because we don't have rules about using multiple
adjectivally acting verbs on a single noun, especially if the phrase is
then to get a type 5 noun suffix added to it.

I have turned the idea into a pair of relative clauses, which is how we
have seen this done before. (I also got rid of the {lengmeH}, redundant
because it's implied in {lupwI'}.)

It back-translates as "they board the bus that is blue/green/yellow and
light."

Note that they don't "board in" the bus, they just "board" the bus.

> qaStaHvIS pov lupwI' rapDaq chegh.

The lack of any type 7 suffixes on these verbs makes me think you're
talking about something that happens regularly, rather than something
that just happened today that you're relating to us.

jIQupDI' lupwI' vIlIgh. DuSaQ vImuS, Dalmo' 'ej jupwI' puS vISovmo'.

DaH jIQuchbej! DuSaQDaq jIghojbe'! 'ach Dal yaHwIj 'ej jupwI' puS vISov...

http://www.trimboli.name/