[Tlhingan-hol] Klingon Word of the Day: 'o'lav

De'vID de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 17:06:08 PDT 2012

>> Klingon word:   'o'lav
>> Part of speech: noun
>> Definition:     type of drum

Voragh:
> A {DIr 'In} usually has the skin stretched only over one end. A type of drum with skin stretched over both ends is called a {'o'lav}.

Are there any (famous) drummers with the name Olaf/Olaff/Olav?
Especially one who plays a drum with skin on both ends?

(Google search tells me there is at least one drummer with that name,
but I'm not sure if any are sufficiently famous to have been
immortalised in pun by MO.  There are also several drummers named
Darren, which is kind of close to {DIr 'In}.)