[Tlhingan-hol] Marc on Aspect

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Wed Aug 15 06:39:14 PDT 2012

Qov:
>> I'll just note that we now appear to know that Klingons use the
>> American-style 'group is singular.' <'oH mutlh QI>, and not <'oH
>> lumutlh>. cf "BP regret ..." vs. "Microsoft is ..."

ghunchu'wI':
> It's good to know this one way or the other as well.

We've seen examples of the "American-style" before:

... wo'rIv betleH ghaj qorDu'Daj
Worf's bat'telh has been in his family ... S8

  not *{lughaj}

vangDI' tlhIngan SuvwI' ngoy' qorDu'Daj ...
The family of a Klingon warrior is responsible for his actions ... TKW

  not *{lungoy'}

DurIt tlhIngan yejquv
Summoned to the Klingon High Council. MKE

  not *{nIrIt}

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons