[Tlhingan-hol] qul tuq.

Felix Malmenbeck felixm at kth.se
Fri Aug 10 14:10:48 PDT 2012

> Interestingly, the last line parallels this bit from another song, the Warrior’s Anthem:

>   yoHbogh matlhbogh je SuvwI'
>   Say'moHchu' may' 'Iw.
>     [...]
>   pa' reH maSuvtaHqu'.
>   mamevQo'.  maSuvtaH.  ma'ov.

Indeed; those two are even from the same game.
However, I'm quite sure it's not jaqbogh yoHbogh je; to my ear, the <'ej> is the clearest word of the entire song.

________________________________
Interestingly, the last line parallels this bit from another song, the Warrior’s Anthem:

  yoHbogh matlhbogh je SuvwI'
  Say'moHchu' may' 'Iw.
    [...]
  pa' reH maSuvtaHqu'.
  mamevQo'.  maSuvtaH.  ma'ov.

  The blood of battle washes clean
  The Warrior brave and true.
    [...]

  where we battle forever,

  battling on through the Eternal Fight.

If it is by Okrand, could this actually be {reH SuvtaH jaqbogh yoHbogh je ghotpu’}?  Just an idea.

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons