[Tlhingan-hol] HolQeD (Re: Klingon Word of the Day: cheb'a')

De'vID de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 07:25:18 PDT 2012

On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 3:56 PM, Steven Boozer <sboozer at uchicago.edu> wrote:
> Confirmed by charghwI's Interview with Marc Okrand that it's a unit of weight equal to 9 times a {cheb}.  (I don't have a reference.  Anyone have it?)

If you don't have a reference, then how do you know it was confirmed
in such an interview? :-)

I really wish we had access to back issues of HolQeD as PDFs... I used
to have some print issues (most of them up to that point), but then I
moved and lost a bunch of them.  As I understand, some of the early
issues that I lost are now out of print, so I've lost them for good.

The KLI is no longer publishing new issues of HolQeD and isn't really
making any money off back issues at this point, is it?  Is anything
preventing them from being made publicly and freely available other
than the fact that the files are sitting on Lawrence's hard drive and
no one else has the ability to access them?  I thought, at one point,
that they were going to be made accessible to members, but I'm a
member and the only reference to any online downloads I could find was
this link, which only lists two issues (both of which are broken
links):
http://www.kli.org/members/HolQeD_Online.html

I think it would do a lot of good for the Klingonist community if back
issues of HolQeD were freely distributed as PDFs.  It's practically
impossible for a beginning Klingonist to access the full range of
source materials that define the Klingon language.  If what's stopping
this is that the old issues are in some weird format and it would just
take time to convert them, I'll volunteer to convert them to PDFs.
Heck, if I have permission and access to the full set of printed
editions, I'll even volunteer to scan them in by hand (although that's
less than ideal as a scanned version won't be searchable).