[Tlhingan-hol] Bad Klingon in Trek novels (and the like)

De'vID de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com
Sat Aug 4 14:30:44 PDT 2012

On Sat, Aug 4, 2012 at 9:16 PM, Felix Malmenbeck <felixm at kth.se> wrote:
> Just thought I'd share this little excerpt from "Star Trek: Cast No Shadow"
> with you all, to highlight the dangers of word-by-word translations:
> [...]
> "MaghwI' chuH ghobe' QIb," said the voice.
> [...]
> How about you? Got any gems to share with us?

I just now read a word-by-word translated Klingon sentence.  It's
nothing special, and normally I would've just forgotten about it, but
I'll link to it since you coincidentally just raised the topic:
https://plus.google.com/109144550836263453221/posts/iXWgP6Vt7H6
"jIH tul Hoch 'oH ghajtaH [a] QaQ [Friday] Pardon my klingon
translation if it's wrong."

The poster, at least, recognises that the translation is off.