[Tlhingan-hol] Vincent's qepHom speech

Felix Malmenbeck felixm at kth.se
Tue Apr 24 07:31:09 PDT 2012

Shared this on the Facebook group a while back, but for those of you who aren't on it:

There's a video on vimeo featuring Vincent from the publishing house behind paq'batlh. In it he presents a speech, which may or may not have been written by Okrand. [He seems a likely candidate, as they cooperated on the presentation. bISov'a', Quvar?]

Here's what I've been able to piece together from seeing parts of the script in the video, and from listening to what he says:

tlhInganpu' quv -
tlhIHvaD paq chu' wImuch 'e' bochaw'mo' chequvmoH 'ej chebelmoH.
lut'a'raj Dun laDlaHmeH tera'ngan,
tera'Daq tlhIngan lut'a' paq wa'DIch wIchenmoHta',
lut'a' 'oH paq'batlh'e'

nughraj Dun lurDechmeyraj Dun je DIvuvta' 'e' lutul HaDwI'pu' 'ej vItul jIH.
lIbelmoH paqvam 'e' vItul.
DaH DIvI' Hol vIjatlhchoH.
'oy' HughwIj.

For reference, here is the most relevant portion of his subsequent English speech:

Dear Klingons,
It is a great honor and pleasure that you have allowed us to present you with the first Terran edition of your glorious epic, the paq'batlh.
The editors and I hope to have respected your rich culture and tradition, and we hope that you will be pleased with the results (which I brought with me).