[Tlhingan-hol] Klingon Monopoly: another card

Brent Kesler brent.of.all.people at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 17:58:33 PDT 2011

On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 6:54 AM, Qov <robyn at flyingstart.ca> wrote:
> And now we have to wait for the rule that explains why this isn't {net wIv}.
> I'm pretty sure that it's just an error on Marc's part, because we corrected
> the same error on the opera libretto. He just doesn`t get the same
> "nuqjatlh" feeling from the sound of 'e' X-lu' that we do.

Some speculation: while Okrand defines {net} as being used when the
subject of the verb is "one, someone", the examples given in TKD seem
to mean "people in general" (eg, qama'pu' DIHoH net Sov). Maybe he
avoided {net} because "people in general" did not choose the player to
join the yan 'ISletlh, but some specific unnamed person. In that case,
maybe {'e' wIvlu'} is the way to go. Some more examples of {'e'} and
{net} from canon might clarify the issue.

bI'reng