[Tlhingan-hol] chIjwI' tIQ bom: 'ay' Qav

ghunchu'wI' 'utlh qunchuy at alcaco.net
Thu Sep 29 14:25:33 PDT 2011

On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 10:14 AM, Rohan Fenwick - QeS 'utlh
<qeslagh at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Doqqu'choHpu'bogh pormey rur;
> ngem bIQtIq retlhDaq pum
> yav So'lu'pu'DI' peDqu'mo',
> be'Daj ghu SopDI' mughato',
> wuptaHvIS cha'par ghum. >

nuq tlhutlhtaH Coleridge jay'?

> [1] A lazy, lazy way of reaching for a rhyme here. I have my doubts as
> to if the Quch - QeH pair would be accepted in a law'/puS construction
> and I'm working on a decent recast.

For what it's worth, I recognized it as a law'/puS immediately, though
the word pair is definitely unusual. If you don't like it, and if you
need the {-meH} rhyme, perhaps {ghoQ/DeH} would work.

> [3] I promise I never meant to slip so much religion under your noses.
> I've flipped back and forth between Kahless and god/God/gods/Gods, and
> I'm checking now to see if it all makes more or less sense.

Consistency is a fine goal. However, I wouldn't be too worried about
how much sense it makes. :-P

-- ghunchu'wI'