[Tlhingan-hol] pongmeymaj (was: KGT Index?)

Philip Newton philip.newton at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 06:27:34 PDT 2011

On Sat, Sep 24, 2011 at 13:04, Rohan Fenwick - QeS 'utlh
<qeslagh at hotmail.com> wrote:

> ghItlhpu' Qov, jatlh:
>
>> wovwI'  (yeah, I'm guilty too, but that was maybe for a month
>> or two) -- > Qov
>
> maDIv maH HochHom 'e' vIQub. I was guilty of it myself - for the first
> year or so of my time on the list I was the spectacularly unoriginal
> ro'Han.

I thought the "sin" Qov thought she was guilty of was using a "weak"
name based on verb + -wI' (which ghunchu'wI' / Qunchuy had lamented a
while ago) -- rather than using a Klingon name derived from the
pronunciation or meaning of one's Terran name.

Cheers,
Philip
--
Philip Newton <philip.newton at gmail.com>