[Tlhingan-hol] Eurotalk - New Words - Food

Russ Perry Jr. russperryjr at sbcglobal.net
Mon Oct 31 19:03:07 PDT 2011

On Oct 31, 2011, at 5:12 PM, Michael Roney, Jr. PKT wrote:
> Why would one use the word "cola" to refer to something that is not
> a cola?

Okrand might be having fun with our southern neighbors, many of whom
refer to ANY carbonated beverage as "a coke".  Yes, even Dr. Pepper.
Yes, even root beer.  Heck, even orange or Sprite.  If they have to
be specific they might say "orange coke" or "root beer coke".

Perhaps to Klingons, all "cokes" are 'awje', root or no, kola nut or
no...
--
||  Russ Perry Jr  2175 S Tonne Dr #114  Arlington Heights IL 60005  ||