[Tlhingan-hol] Eurotalk - New Words - Countries

Josh Badgley joshbadgley at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 29 10:06:59 PDT 2011

It's a weird situation, because basically nobody speaks the old languages in Ireland or Scotland anymore, and yet they're important parts of the culture.  Assuming a "real" Klingon went to Scotland, they aren't likely to stumble across a Gaelic speaker, and if they wanted to know the name of the country, they'd probably be told "Scotland" with a thick burr.  So "Suqo'lan" maybe?
The New Zealand thing throws me not because they didn't use the Maori name, but because "New" does not translate to "nu"...I get the "SIylan" part though..

-- jhb