[Tlhingan-hol] Klingon Word of the Day: lupwI'

Lieven Litaer lieven.litaer at web.de
Fri Oct 28 02:12:41 PDT 2011

Am 28.10.2011 10:16, schrieb André Müller:
> In fact we do know a nice counter example: The German word "Mädchen"
> (girl, be'Hom) does contain a diminutive suffix but the base word Maid
> or Magd is virtually non-existing nowadays and the etymology isn't
> immediately transparent to most users.

Okay, thanks for this, BUT:

a) I was talking about Klingon,
b) even though most people might not know where "Mädchen" comes from,
the word "Magd" still does exist (although seldomly used.)

Im am sure we will find hundereds of examples like this in english or
german. Kanin-chen, Eichhörn-chen, Ku-chen...

;-)

Lieven.