[Tlhingan-hol] Klingon Word of the Day: lupwI'

Lieven Litaer lieven.litaer at web.de
Fri Oct 28 01:10:39 PDT 2011

Am 27.10.2011 16:26, schrieb Philip Newton:
>> Cf. also {lupDujHom} "shuttlecraft".
>
> I wonder whether there are also {lupDujmey} that aren't {-Hom}.

Why not?
 From my understanding of the language, every X-Hom does have a X, since
the suffix is "added" to a word to modify it.
(although I am not generally saying that every word with a suffix can be
reversed lacking its suffix!)

Do we have any obvious counter-examples?

By the way - without revealing too much - TalkNow uses {lupwI'} in
several combinations, but there is no {lupDuj}.

Lieven.