[Tlhingan-hol] Klingon Bible nonsense

Lieven Litaer lieven.litaer at web.de
Sun Oct 23 06:11:23 PDT 2011

We all know that there is a Klingon bible translation project.
We all know that it is not yet finished.

But did you know there is a crappy nonsense automatic software
translation available?

At amazon it looks like a lot promising on the firt sight:

"The Klingon Language Version of the World English Bible Psalms"
by Joel Anderson

But when you read the description, you get this:
[...]  serves as a demonstration of what a complete Klingon Bible would
look like. [...]  Though it is not a grammatical Klingon text (actually
it is more of a pidgin-Klingon, mixing English vocabulary and grammar
with Klingon) it does provide vocabulary which can be used in doing a
proper Klingon translation.

I bought it anyway, to see it. Here is the crap you get to read:

    "And save me for your loving kindness sake"
    *je toD jIH vaD lIj muSHa'taH kindness chIch*

With other words: it's useless. I just had to mention it.

Lieven.