[Tlhingan-hol] (no subject)

Robyn Stewart robyn at flyingstart.ca
Mon Oct 17 13:57:07 PDT 2011

Daj. jIjatlhchugh <ngaSwI'vamDaq Doq 'op paSlogh 'ej SuD 'op paSlogh>
bIjatlh'a' <chay' nguv latlh paSlogh?>?

That is, if I said "some socks in this container are red and some are
blue," you would feel that as the red and blue contingents each
represented less than half, that there must be more socks of a colour
I haven't yet specified, required to make up the entirety of my sock
collection?

I might respond that way if the sentence were <ngaSwI'vamDaq Doq
paSlogh puS 'ej SuD paSlogh puS>, but I might also just assume that
there were only a few socks total in there.