[Tlhingan-hol] nuq bob bom: 'ay' vaghmaH wa': <qachuHnIS'a'?>

ghunchu'wI' 'utlh qunchuy at alcaco.net
Wed Oct 12 10:32:11 PDT 2011

On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 12:01 PM, Qov <robyn at flyingstart.ca> wrote:

> qachuHnIS'a'?

I decided to practice quick colloquial translation. Since I had some
idea of the context, the title came out "Do I have to draw you a
picture?"

> jatlh QeDpIn. “yaS wa'DIchlI'vaD bIjatlhqang'a'?”

I usually don't have a problem with typefaces that make lowercase "l"
and uppercase "I" look the same, but {wa'DIchlI'vaD} tripped me up
momentarily. I still can't look at it without seeing {DIchIl} in the
middle.

> SuDqu'choH QeDpIn.[9]

SIbI' wanI' DaDelbogh vIghov. chaq SuDqu'chugh QeDpIn qab'e', nom yaj HochHom.

-- ghunchu'wI'