[Tlhingan-hol] Who else has broken pears? [EuroTalk]

Philip Newton philip.newton at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 06:10:41 PDT 2011

On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 14:27, lojmIt tI'wI'nuv
<lojmitti7wi7nuv at gmail.com> wrote:
> Just to report, the Mac version doesn't have any of these problems. It is
> somewhat annoying that in the Times section, if the text is long, as in
> 6:55, while the pIqaD version fits in the field provided, the longer
> romanized text gets crammed into a smaller field, centered, with both the
> beginning and ending truncated. It's not scrollable and the window can't be
> expanded. There is the double-arrow button in the upper-right corner, but
> that makes it full screen, essentially with the same problem, but larger.
> It's also annoying that it requires that I install Adobe software on my
> machine. Bugs and security issues. wejpuH.

I presume you have the downloadable edition.

In the CD-ROM edition (at least, the one for Windows), the texts
always come from images with a fixed width... and with the longer
fields in the Times, the Roman text gets smaller and smaller the
longer the text is, but the pIqaD stops getting smaller after a point
and the end is simply truncated. There's nothing to scroll since
there's no text - it's an image. And what's beyond the edge of the
image can only be recovered by the person who created the image in the
first place going to his master Photoshop-or-whatever file :(

The CD-ROM edition also didn't require Adobe AIR (again, at least on
Windows); it was written in Delphi, I believe.

Cheers,
Philip
--
Philip Newton <philip.newton at gmail.com>