[Tlhingan-hol] Negative polarity questions in Klingon

Seruq seruq at bellsouth.net
Fri Oct 7 16:42:29 PDT 2011

(Even though we speak English) I constantly get my wife with this situation.  She will answer with a
simple yes or no, and then I have to ask, yes - in agreement with that negative statement, or yes -
as in correcting the statement, saying the action does happen.
When I answer those type of questions from other people, I include more detail.  Yes, that statement
is correct.

"Correct, the targ does not bite."

(Yes, I do talk like that.)

DloraH