[Tlhingan-hol] 2 letter language code for Klingon?

ghunchu'wI' 'utlh qunchuy at alcaco.net
Tue Oct 4 11:56:11 PDT 2011

On Tue, Oct 4, 2011 at 2:30 PM, David Trimboli <david at trimboli.name> wrote:
> "tlh" is *not* a Klingon letter. It is three lower-case Latin letters
> forming a trigraph to represent a Klingon *sound*.

Fine, {tlh} is a Romanized equivalent of whatever single Klingon
letter represents that sound. While I accept the distinction, I think
that's a distinction without a difference. As Mr. Everson should know
well, the Klingon glyph representing that sound *is* a single letter.

> There is a symbol that is
> sometimes used to represent the sound of "tlh," but will never be more than
> semi-official.

For better or worse, I think the use of that symbol in EuroTalk's
"Talk Now! Learn Klingon" program pushes it from semi-offical to truly
official.

-- ghunchu'wI'