[Tlhingan-hol] 2 letter language code for Klingon?

lojmIt tI'wI'nuv lojmitti7wi7nuv at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 11:50:44 PDT 2011

Until very recently, I'd agree about Klingon writing and the semi-official nature of pIqaD, but I notice that the new TalkNow! app, which apparently was vetted by Okrand and includes stuff I hate, like {maj po} for "good morning", also includes pIqaD for all the words listed in "First Words" (the only section I've had time to look at yet). Note that "Please" is translated as {qatlhobneS}, (10 characters) printed in romanized text with a white background below 8 pIqaD characters on a blue background. The pIqaD character resembling an italicized uppercase "Y" representing {tlh} is indeed one character in Klingon writing from a canon source.

I'm not making this up. I'm just adapting to a changing universe. Apparently, Okuda doesn't object as loudly as he used to, or Okrand has decided to ignore the objection, or the TalkNow! project managed to pull off something that Okrand would have objected to, had he noticed it (or something else I haven't thought of yet).

In any case, this is apparently canon now, unless Okrand makes some kind of statement to the contrary. The pIqaD lettering system is now exactly as canon as the new words and terms shared with us in TalkNow!

pItlh
lojmIt tI'wI'nuv