[Tlhingan-hol] maj po

Robyn Stewart robyn at flyingstart.ca
Mon Oct 3 17:00:00 PDT 2011

They have a standard list of phrases that they translate for every
language.  I don't know how it works in languages where the words for
"good morning" vary with the relative social status of the
participants in the conversation, but Marc was forced to put
something in that box. I hoped fervently as I hovered my mouse over
that phrase that the result of clicking would be stony silence from
the little models and an explanation that such phrases do not exist
in Klingon, but the model forces all languages to that mold.

Think of it as in line with <'IH jaj, qar'a'?> or "Prithee good
gentle husbands": something that it is possible to say in the
language but that no sane native speaker would use except in jest.

I promise you there are some better finds.