[Tlhingan-hol] swimming Teddy-bears in Klingon

Josh Badgley joshbadgley at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 2 09:35:35 PDT 2011

From: joshbadgley at hotmail.com
Subject: RE: [Tlhingan-hol] swimming Teddy-bears in Klingon
Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2011 11:34:51 -0500

Interesting.  I would think that if Klingons managed to make their way to 21st century Earth, they may have to make do with Terran cuisine (burnt animals and all). And I don't think it's fair to assume that all Klingons would find Terran food and drink distasteful.  Worf seemed to enjoy prune juice.  There's plenty that a Klingon could order at a local bar that would satisfy their need for a strong drink.  And there are plenty of places on Earth that serve raw or semi-raw animals. Then again, maybe they'd take one look around and decide to hightail it back to Qo'noS. Of course, there are a good many words included in the Eurotalk Talk Now! Klingon software that correspond to items I am almost certain you would never find on Qo'noS...well, unless First City has a Humantown where you can pick up the soap, toothpaste, combs, aspirin (I really like the Klingon word for aspirin) and any other toiletries you may have forgotten to pack.

-- jhb