[Tlhingan-hol] Klingon Word of the Day: Saqghom

Gaerfindel gaerfindel at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 23 07:04:33 PST 2011

ghItlhpu' voragh:

Klingon Word of the Day for Tuesday, November 15, 2011
Klingon word: Saqghom
Part of speech: noun
Definition: landing party

ghItlhpu' Steven Boozer:

Never used in canon.   Related verbs: {Saq} "land" (i.e. ship, bird, etc.)

HQ 10.4:4:  Use {Saq} if a bird alights on the ground, {tlhot} if it
lands on the water.
Related nouns:  {Saqjan} landing gear. (KBoP)  {tIjwI'ghom} boarding
party. (TKD)

{tIjwI'ghom vIchenmoH} I form a boarding party. (TKD 38)

mu'tlhegh'e' jIghItlhpu' jIlugh.  mu'tlhegh chu jIghItlh:

So then, a Klingon Marine commander might be heard to say {tlhotghom
vIchenmoH}.  I (will) form an *amphibious* landing party.

~quljIb