[Tlhingan-hol] STK: ro{b|v}aka {Dev[=De'?]wI'} zhonazhah

Agnieszka Solska agnpau1 at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 19 06:03:47 PST 2011

>We have no idea what "rovaka" might be,

How about one of the following:

1.   ra'bogh qa'
    "the spirit that commands (the fire for inventing)"

or

2.   Dabogh qa'
    "the spirit that acts as (the fire for inventing)"

or even

3.   tova' qa'
    "the ?muse (of the fire for inventing)" where the {tova'} element
     is the same as the first part of the compound noun {tova'Daq}, i.e.
     "mindsharing”

>and we have some theories about "zhonazhazh" but nothing definite.

It's probably more than one word, the possibilities including:

    {Son/jon/chon/San/jan/chan} and {'oghjaj/'aghjaj/'oSjaj}

Assuming it's {'oghjaj} or {'aghjaj}, {Dev[=De'?]wI'} zhonazhah} could be:

4.   DevwI' chon 'oghjaj/'aghjaj
     "May it invent/display a leader's/leaders' hunt"

5.   DevwI' jan 'oghjaj/'aghjaj
     "May it invent/display a computer device"

6.   DevwI' San 'oghjaj/'aghjaj
     "May it invent/display a leader's/leaders' fate"

7.   De' wIy jan 'oghjaj/'aghjaj
     "May it invent/display an information tactical display device"

However, the subject of the verb {'aghjaj} could also be the next word(s),
i.e. {?guib lo...}

>I think the second line begins in <Q> for sure; O'Reilly pronounces <Qa'Hom>
>like "gwaaahom", so "gwee" is almost certainly <QI>. He sounds like he's
>saying "gweev" <QIv?>.

Or {qIb} - "galaxy", followed by {lo'} or {logh}. Putting it all together the line could
also be:

8.   DevwI' chon 'aghjaj qIb (logh)
     "May the (space of the) galaxy display a leader's/leaders' hunt"

9.   DevwI' jan 'aghjaj qIb (logh)
     "May the (space of the) galaxy display a computer device"

10.   DevwI' San 'aghjaj qIb (logh)
     "May the (space of the) galaxy display a leader's/leaders' fate"

11.   De' wIy jan 'aghjaj qIb (logh)
     "May the (space of the) galaxy display an information tactical display device"

The problem is that interpretations 8 - 11 seem closest in meaning to "A kingdom
for a stage", which comes later in the original text.

Assuming the verb which appears in the line under consideration is {'oSjaj}
followed by {qIb lo'}, the line could also be:

12.   DevwI' chon 'oSjaj qIb (lo')
     "May the (use of the) galaxy represent a leader's/leaders' hunt"

13.   DevwI' jan 'oSjaj qIb (lo')
     "May the (use of the) galaxy represent a computer device"

14.   DevwI' San 'oghjaj qIb (lo')
     "May the (use of the) galaxy represent a leader's/leaders' fate"

15.   De' wIy jan 'oghjaj qIb (lo')
     "May the (use of the) galaxy represent an information tactical display device"

Obviously {qIb} and {lo'} could simply mean "It (i.e. the {qa'}) uses the galaxy".
Alternatively {qIb} and {lo'/logh} could belong with the fragment that follows.

'ISqu'