[Tlhingan-hol] nuq bop bom: 'ay chorghmaH jav: <Heghba'lI'>

Lieven Litaer lieven.litaer at web.de
Thu Nov 17 10:02:14 PST 2011

ja' Voragh:
> HQ 10.2:8:  When used with nouns with the locative suffix {-Daq},
 > the finger verbs mean "point (with a specific finger) at or towards"
> ... For example, while {ghIchwIj vISIq} means "I touch my nose
 > with my index finger" and {ghIchwIjDaq jISIq}
> means "I point at my nose with my index finger" ...

It also works with the toe-words too.

During the qepHom'a' Marc Okrand was watching my eight months old
daughter and then he suddenly said {nujDajDaq mar'egh ghu}. Guess what
she was doing :-)

Unfortunately I don't remember the exact words, but 'ISqu' was sitting
next to us, she might remember better.

Lieven.