[Tlhingan-hol] Eurotalk - New Words - Colors

Michael Roney, Jr. PKT nahqun at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 13:00:24 PDT 2011

On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 7:25 PM, Robyn Stewart <robyn at flyingstart.ca> wrote:
> You're not going to discuss the difference in pronunciation between Doq and
> Doq, necessary to note if you want a perfect score on the game, and a future
> source of much amusement if people actually learn Klingon from this thing?

Yes.
Doq and Doq as well as SuD and SuD are pronounced differently in the software.
This is necessary for the "game" portions of the program.

If I told you to identify SuD and gave you a choice between green,
yellow, and red, you'd have a 50% of getting the question right.
We know it's not red, but it could equally be green or yellow.

To fit in the cookie cutter mold of the software, they mis-pronounced
the words so that the user would be able to win.
This has caused my 4yo daughter (5 in a few days...) to learn incorrectly.
I think I have her on the right track now.

Once again, the Klingon language has had to adapt itself to the need
of producers...

~'anan naHQun

--
~Michael Roney, Jr.