[Tlhingan-hol] Eurotalk - New Words - Food

De'vID jonpIn de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com
Wed Dec 28 06:56:27 PST 2011

QeS 'utlh:
>> I was actually trying to take a more liberal view, in the sense of aiming
>> to respond to the "this is The One Way" attitude. I suppose the net result
>> is a conservatism in favour of the older canon sources, though. Odd, that.

SuStel:
> I think it's a result of people making their own dictionaries and
> collections of texts. They want to know what to write for the definition of
> a word. This becomes somewhat exacting.

bIloychu'.

The reason I'm pulling the new words apart is because I'm entering
them into my Android lexicon.

We've been getting a lot of new words which we know only from their
usage.  For example, several of the words we've gotten from EuroTalk
are plural, but I assume that it's okay to strip the {-mey} or
whatever when I put the entry into my lexicon (for example, I list
{'ul 'aplo'mey} as {'ul 'aplo'}).  But in the case of something like
{nIm wIb ngogh}, I want to make a note that it's what Klingons would
call a lump of Terran cheese, not that that's the word for "cheese"
(the substance).