[Tlhingan-hol] Eurotalk - New Words - Food

Rohan Fenwick - QeS 'utlh qeslagh at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 27 20:21:10 PST 2011

ghItlhpu' Qov, jatlh:
> I read this reply before reading the author's name and assumed it was
> by lojmIt tI'wI' nuv, because of its conservatism, but despite my
> tendency to be a little liberal with the language in my stories, I
> agree with QeS.

toH. DaH tlhIngan Hol jatlhwI' qan vImojpu'! Never thought I'd see the
day when I was accused of conservatism. :)

I was actually trying to take a more liberal view, in the sense of aiming
to respond to the "this is The One Way" attitude. I suppose the net result
is a conservatism in favour of the older canon sources, though. Odd, that.

> It's like asking an English speaker for words distinguishing among
> different kinds of fermented fish preserves: you just get English
> corruptions of lutefisk, prahok, hakarl and surstromming. Or just a
> look of horror and a gagging sound.

>From what I've heard of hákarl, it makes the distinction between the
Klingon verbs {rogh} and {ragh} more or less moot. A poem (along with a
confession that I've never eaten it, so this may be a touch unfair):

Haw'qa'rItlh

roghmoHlu', 'ach raghmoHlu'law'.
lev reghmoH 'ej qam rIghmoH.
Soj rugh 'oHlaw'.