[Tlhingan-hol] beings capable of speech

Rohan Fenwick - QeS 'utlh qeslagh at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 27 19:17:47 PST 2011

ghItlhpu' De'vID, jatlh:
> Maybe that was another bad example. Let's say you have a talking
> dresser drawer or closet, would its doors be {lojmItmey} or
> {lojmItDu'}?

jIjangpu', jIjatlh:
> As with the Thomas the Tank Engine example in the last couple of emails, hard
> to say, especially since there's no canon that would help us. I think the
> closet would consider its own doors to be its {lojmItDu'}, but whether others
> would also call them that, no idea.

mujang SuStel, jatlh:
> Everyone is acting like there's a correct answer, but in fact we know
> that Klingons themselves don't know what to do with these unusual cases.

That's why I've been peppering my statements with "I think" and "I believe" and
"no canon that would help". Except for the few places where I've explicitly
cited canon, most of what I've been saying in this thread was intended to be no
more than opinion, or what I myself would do were I expressing these things in
Klingon. If I've implied otherwise, reH latlh qabDaq qul tuj law' Hoch tuj puS.

QeS 'utlh