[Tlhingan-hol] beings capable of speech

Robyn Stewart robyn at flyingstart.ca
Tue Dec 27 13:56:55 PST 2011

At 04:14 27/12/2011, people wrote:
>taH:
> > Maybe that was another bad example. Let's say you have a talking
> > dresser drawer or closet, would its doors be {lojmItmey} or
> > {lojmItDu'}?
>
>As with the Thomas the Tank Engine example in the last couple of emails, hard
>to say, especially since there's no canon that would help us. I think the
>closet would consider its own doors to be its {lojmItDu'}, but whether others
>would also call them that, no idea.

I think it would be understandable but excessively cute.  I'd have a
hard time bringing myself to do it, except perhaps in the context of
the closet coming to me for help rIQmo' lojmItDu'Daj. It would still
be a little mindbending, a bit like "injured furniture" in English.
It's damaged, not injured, whether it talks or not.

- Qov.