[Tlhingan-hol] Klingon Word of the Day: jIj

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Tue Dec 27 12:40:11 PST 2011

{jIj} used in canon:

ngoQvam luchavmeH ghawran maghpu' be'nI'pu'. woQ luSuqmeH jIjpu' chaH romuluSngan'e' je.
To this end, the sisters have acted against Gowron, going as far as to work with Romulan factions in order to gain power. S26

Cf. also {yuQjIjDIvI'} & {yuQjIjQa'}, both glossed as "The United Federation of Planets" in TKD; {'amerI'qa' SepjIjQa'} "United States of America" (TalkNow); {tuqjIjQa'} "United Kingdom" (TalkNow),

{yeq} in canon:

nItebHa' molor HI''a' SuvvIpghach puj je HarghmeH yeq chaH
United to do battle together! Against fear and against weakness! (BP 118-119)

yeqchuqchu'taHghach
unity (n) (PB 138-139)

Related verbs:

{HeQ} 	comply