[Tlhingan-hol] Corpi Klingon <-> English

ghunchu'wI' 'utlh qunchuy at alcaco.net
Fri Dec 23 10:16:03 PST 2011

On Thu, Dec 22, 2011 at 8:58 PM, Simon Hafner <reactormonk at gmail.com> wrote:
> what kind of Klingon - English corpi are out there?

Are you looking for parallel text in both Klingon and English?

I can point to several published books putting the two languages on
facing pages, but you probably want it as computer-readable text.
There used to be copies of an old translation of Hamlet and a few
books of the Bible online, but that was a couple of servers ago and I
don't know where the files can be found now. Coleridge's "Rime of the
Ancient Mariner" was recently translated; you can find its iterations
in this year's archives of the mailing list, or maybe someone will
speak up and say that the final version has been put on a web page
somewhere. I have a small collection of songs and poetry at
http://qonos.alcaco.net/bommey which includes a few translations that
you might be able to use.

If ink on paper is adequate for your needs, we can help you find
sources for the translations of Shakespeare's "Hamlet" and "Much Ado
About Nothing", the epic of Gilgamesh, the Tao Te Ching, and the
{paq'batlh}.

-- ghunchu'wI'