[Tlhingan-hol] nuq bop bom: 'ay' wa'vatlh Hut: <HoD luSov>

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Tue Dec 20 09:36:11 PST 2011

Qov:
> nuD ghutar. jatlh "nov, 'ach jagh HoHchugh jIbepbe' jIH. DaH
> rIHwI'mey vISuqnIS."[143]
>
> [143] Like cellphone chargers, you think? Or more like ammo clips? My
> apologies to anyone who is really conversant with Treknology. I know
> I just make up whatever is needed for the story. Do feel free to
> correct me.

I think a cellphone charger would be a *{HujwI'}.

Take a look at the recent "[Tlhingan-hol] Huj, rIH, chu'" and [Tlhingan-hol] Klingon Word of the Day: yov" threads for De'vID jonpIn's useful comments on {Huj} "charge (up)" vs. {rIH} "energize".  (If you've already deleted them, I can forward them to you.)

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons