[Tlhingan-hol] HI' ghaH'a' Marc Okrand'e'?

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Mon Dec 12 12:11:47 PST 2011

Two reviews of a new book of interest to the collective "From Elvish to Klingon: Exploring Invented Languages" (Oxford Univ. Press, 2011):

"Language and Its Discontents"
 Brooklyn Rail
... warrior race of Star Trek fame, is also troubled: Authored in part by the language's dictatorial founder, Marc Okrand, it verges on self-congratulation. ...
http://www.brooklynrail.org/2011/12/express/language-and-its-discontents

"From Elvish to Klingon: Exploring Invented Languages, By Michael Adams"
 The Independent
These humanoids were more loquacious in Star Trek III, thanks to the inventiveness of Marc Okrand, an interplanetary linguist. One of the contributors to ...
http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/books/reviews/from-elvish-to-klingon-exploring-invented-languages-by-michael-adams-6274021.html

We haven't received it yet at my library, but I'll report when we do and if it's worth buying.

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons