[Tlhingan-hol] tlhIngan Monopoly vISuq rIntaH!

Terrence Donnelly terrence.donnelly at sbcglobal.net
Tue Dec 6 12:07:51 PST 2011

I'm not questioning anybody's abilities, but I guess I'll come right out and say that I kind of hate this product. I didn't really expect to; in years past, I have probably expressed a desire to see translations of many of the terms included on the disk.  But now that I actually see it, I feel a kind of revulsion.

I guess I wanted to know if Klingons had objects and concepts similar to ours, and what the words for those things might be. This notion of how Klingons living on Earth would express the things around them leaves me totally cold. (I still think that in reality, they'd just use the Terran word, even among themselves. They might use something similar to the terms on the disk one time to describe something to a new arrival, but they wouldn't be the common terms.)

Also, the application itself is (no other way to put it) kind of cheesy, and, in my case, after 15 minutes with it, I was done. For what it's worth, now that I've seen a TalkNow product, I would never be tempted to buy another one. It's not worth the price; there really isn't that much content to it.

-- ter'eS