[Tlhingan-hol] tlhIngan Monopoly vISuq rIntaH!

Felix Malmenbeck felixm at kth.se
Tue Dec 6 09:33:55 PST 2011

Well, I personally have no doubts in qe'San's ability as a translator, and Okrand did review the whole thing, so it's all canon to me. However, one must remember the context in which it's presented: It's a guide for expressing a lot of everyday Terran terms in a Klingon way, not a guide to what Klingons actually say to each other.

Regarding ngIp, I think it simply demonstrates that like the English word borrow, it can either involve or not involve payment. To make it explicitly paid for, use the English word "rent" or add a DIl to the Klingon sentence (or use some hitherto unknown word).