[Tlhingan-hol] tlhIngan Monopoly vISuq rIntaH!

ghunchu'wI' 'utlh qunchuy at alcaco.net
Tue Dec 6 08:49:31 PST 2011

On Tue, Dec 6, 2011 at 10:52 AM, David Trimboli <david at trimboli.name> wrote:
> {nuqDaq puH Duj vIngIp} is how Okrand chose to translate "where can I hire a car?"

It's not clear that it was Okrand who *chose* that phrasing. As I
understand it, he became involved in the TalkNow! project rather late,
after many of the phrases had been translated. He made some changes,
corrections, and additions, and he might have been exclusively
responsible for this one, but I have decided not to treat this
particular source with as much "reverence" as I give to a work such as
Klingon for the Galactic Traveler.

-- ghunchu'wI'