[Tlhingan-hol] canon sources of some names?

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Tue Dec 6 06:14:46 PST 2011

De'vID:
> While going through my lexicon to clean it up, I came across several
> names (of people) for whom I don't have a canonical source annotated:
> {Day joH}, {qeylIn}, {qeylor}, {qunI'vaS},
>
> Does anyone know where they are from?

{Day joH}  Lady Di

 DaH nuq ta'pu' Day joH
 What has Lady Di done now?

>From the Radio Times' "Star Trek 30th Anniversary Special" book.

{qeylIn}  Kahlin
{qeylor}  Kahlor

Example names to illustrate naming conventions from startrek.klingon (9/1997), otherwise unknown in Trek:

To say "Kahlor of the House of Molor" (or, if you prefer, "Kahlor from the House of Molor"), you'd say simply "Kahlor, House of Molor" {qeylor molor tuq}. If you want to be even more formal, the name of the father may be used as well... "Kahlor, son of Kahlin, of the House of Molor" is "Kahlor, son of Kahlin, House of Molor" {qeylor qeylIn puqloD molor tuq}. The other way is actually more formal and a bit formulaic. To say "Kahlor is of the House of Molor" (or "Kahlor is from the House of Molor"), you could say {tay' qeylor molor tuq je} ... If Kahlor is speaking, he could say, "I am of the House of Molor" {matay' jIH molor tuq je}.  Or if one were speaking to Kahlor, one could say, "You are of the House of Molor" {Sutay' SoH molor tuq je}.

{qunI'vaS}  Kunivas

Spelling from TKW of a character in TNG "Heart of Glory"

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons