[Tlhingan-hol] Klingon Word of the Day: Doch

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Mon Dec 5 10:25:03 PST 2011

Voragh:
>> From the List:
>>
>> Nick Nickolas: "Is it just me (and I know for a fact it isn't), or
>>   does talking in Klingon actually force you to be rude?"
>> Richard Kennaway: "No, talking Terran forces you to be wittering,
>>   vague, and indecisive."

Philip:
> Heh. I do find it difficult at times to be as straightforward, direct,
> and concise as I imagine Klingons to be -- for example, to send an
> email saying "send me your photos!" without padding it with "Dear
> NAME" and "please" and the like.

One person's rudeness is another person's boldness/directness:

CK (introduction):  As you practice speaking, remember:  Speak Klingon boldly; do not be meek or hesitant.  This could be interpreted as a sign of weakness, a less than admirable trait among Klingons.

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons