[Tlhingan-hol] Conversational klingon and the use of {nuq}

Robyn Stewart robyn at flyingstart.ca
Mon May 30 15:21:15 PDT 2016

> Am 30.05.2016 um 12:27 schrieb mayqel qunenoS:
> > the longer a klingon sentence is, the happier I get !

The longer a Klingon sentence gets the more convoluted it becomes. There is
not a prize for a long Klingon sentence. If you're sentences are too long to
easily follow, you are either trying to show off instead of communicate, or
you are copying the style of a language that uses longer sentences.  Think
Klingon. Write Klingon.  ESPECIALLY don't extend Klingon sentences by saying
things in a longer way when there is a shorter way to say it.

Lieven:
> That sounds like those people who prefer {HISlaH} over {HIja'} simply
> because they enjoy knowing another word (since HIja' can also mean "tell
> me").

That's two reasons:
1. because they enjoy knowing another word--I won't fault anyone for
enjoying knowing another word.
2. because they want to avoid confusion with "tell me"

They both seem like good reasons.

nuv wa'> mIwwIj vIpegh DaneH'a'?
nuv cha'> HIja'

DaH ja''a' nuv wa' pagh pegh'a'?