[Tlhingan-hol] Klingon Word of the Day: Do'

SuStel sustel at trimboli.name
Tue May 10 08:22:53 PDT 2016

Actually, I was thinking that it's a nice example of a lack of aspect.
*maDo'Ha'* doesn't mean /in this instance, we were lucky;/ it refers to
a general condition of being lucky. *maDo'be'* has a more colloquial
translation, but it also doesn't mean /in this instance, we were not lucky.

/Clearly/, /the two sentences are meant to be showing the difference
between *-Ha'* and *-be'* /(unlucky/ versus /not lucky),/ not permanence
versus a temporary condition.

http://trimboli.name