[Tlhingan-hol] Mailing List vs Forum vs. Social Media (was Re:How would you feel about new Klingon)

DloraH seruq at bellsouth.net
Mon May 2 12:11:33 PDT 2016

I agree with Qov.
All of my email, work and home, is in plain-text only.  Pretty backgrounds and smiley faces are
stripped out.
With email, I can sort them how I want.  I mark the messages as read after I read them.  If I am in
a hurry and I see that a message is really long, I can leave it as unread, and later when I have
time, it is very easy to find that unread message.  How would I find that unread message in
fecesbook?  In a forum, if I go into a message and then find it is too long for the time I have and
want to save it for later, can I back out and mark it as unread?  The other forums I have been on,
once you go in it, it thinks you read it.
I already have my email open.  I don't have to do anything extra.  If it is POP or IMAP, I receive
the messages and can read them anytime, whether I have internet connection or not.  Forums and
social media require a connection the whole time you are on.

Email is first choice.  A forum would be second choice.  The chaos of the illogical realm of
fecesbook, not an option.

- DloraH