[Tlhingan-hol] Klingon takeover of Canada Post

Lieven levinius at gmx.de
Sun May 1 10:54:05 PDT 2016

Am 01.05.2016 um 17:48 schrieb mayqel qunenoS:
> "..As the crowd chanted "jeghbe' tlInganpu" ("Klingons do not surrender").."
>
> I know that the {jeghbe' tlhInganpu'} is canon, but I think that
> {jeghQo' tlhInganpu'}, would be better.

Well, interesting indeed, but I do not agree. I see a significant
difference here (also in english): If you say that you refuse to do
something, it is still the option that you could do that. If you say
"Klingons don't..." then it's clear that they never ever would do it.

Cows don't fly. It's not their decision, it's a fact. That's why the use
of -be' is stronger than -Qo'.

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka Quvar valer 'utlh