[Tlhingan-hol] Klingon Word of the Day: Sang

mayql qunenoS mihkoun at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 11:51:22 PDT 2016

jIH :
> qaStaHvIS loS vatlh DIS poH reghobtaHvIS
voragh :
> Drop the second {-vIS}.  In fact, I don't think you need {-taH}
> either since you've already said it lasted for four centuries ("while
> four centuries were occurring")

yes you're right ! I read again the sentence and I realized that the
second {-vIS} and {-taH} are unnecessary.

> Here are some verbs for ending things you may not be aware of

All this info from HolQeD is truly invaluable ! I re-checked my
dictionary, and I found that indeed I had written there these verbs
(Dor, van, ghang, etc), but I hadn't written there too the specifics,
with regards to each one's respective application..

While I was writing the original sentence (and several times in the
past too..), I came across the need to express the "we ended the war".
I read carefully the information on the verbs of ending, and I noticed
that there is not a specific reference to "ending a war". From what I
read, I assume that the most appropriate verb, for this purpose seems
to be {van}.

Would you consider this to be correct assumption ?

..anyway, thank you Ca'non master for sharing all this information !

mayqel mIv Hurgh qunnoq
attack before we become slaves in their world