[Tlhingan-hol] tlhIngan jIHchugh..

Robyn Stewart robyn at flyingstart.ca
Tue Mar 22 07:30:08 PDT 2016

In English you can say "I am the one who does this and says..." or "I am the one who does this and who says ...". I Klingon you have to use the second style. The idea of the subordinate clause marker doesn't carry from verb to verb by implication. You have to repeat it. You've been caught by this one before, so I think you know what I mean. In this case repeating -bogh would make the sentence pretty unwieldy, so I'd fix it by one of two ways:

> Hov leng javDaq, pu'jIn poSmoHbogh tlHIngan jIH. jatlh : DaH
> DIHIvnIS DIHIvlaHtaHvIS !

or

> Hov leng javDaq, pu'jIn poSmoHbogh tlHIngan jIH 'ej jIjatlh : DaH
> DIHIvnIS DIHIvlaHtaHvIS !

Either

I'm the Klingon who does ...  S/he says ....

or

I'm the Klingon who does ... and I say ...

- Qov