[Tlhingan-hol] tlhoS

SuStel sustel at trimboli.name
Fri Mar 18 06:45:41 PDT 2016

On 3/18/2016 7:54 AM, Lieven wrote:
> I read it as they are all still alive, he "almost" killed them, but "not
> quite". It's not that he killed only three or four, so close to five
> maybe. Klingons are never approximate. They would say "he killed them all".

The more people use the "Klingons are never approximate" excuse to avoid
a real answer, the angrier I get. It's a cute throwaway line in POWER
KLINGON, and it's got some value to understanding the ethos of the
language, but the idea that Klingons would deliberately say something
inaccurate to avoid saying something approximate—or worse, something
difficult to say—is ludicrous.

The throwaway line is obviously SUPPOSED to mean that although Klingons
aren't perfect, they like to be as exact as possible, and not vague.
Saying "he killed them all" when he only killed most of them is the
exact opposite of that.

http://trimboli.name