[Tlhingan-hol] Klingon Word of the Day: Sutay

mayql qunenoS mihkoun at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 09:50:13 PDT 2016

I just read that these ranks are used by klingon fan clubs, but they
do not appear in canon. So, the question is, if they are not canon,
should we learn them ?

be that as it may..

'elDI' Sutay, ghaHvaD bIHu'be'chugh vaj DuHoHbej.
as soon as the sutai enters, if you don't  get up for him then he will kill you.

SutayvaD neH vut vutwI'vetlh. beqvaD vutQo'.
that cook cooks only for the sutai. he doesn't cook for the crew.

Hoch Sutaypu' tIHoH 'ej toy'wI''a' moj Hoch mangpu' 'e' yIbejmoH !
kill all the sutai, and make certain that all soldiers become slaves !

latlhpu' Sutay qeqmeH DIS law' net poQ.
in order to train additional sutai many years are required.

meH yaS ghaH Sutayvetlh'e' 'ej Duj Qel ghaH je.
that sutai is a bridge officer and he is the ship doctor too.

reH Suvrup Sutay 'um 'a reH SuvvIp Sutay 'umHa'.
a qualified sutai is always ready to fight, but an unqualified sutai
is always afraid to fight.

wa' SaD Sutay DIngaSlaHmeH bIghHa'vetlh wIchenmoHta'.
in order to be able to hold a thousand sutai we built that prison.

Qapchu'laHba' So'wI'chaj 'a Sutay yInroH SamlaHbej nochmaj.
their cloaking device is obviously able to work perfectly, but our
sensors our definitely able to locate sutai lifesigns.

mayqel mop Hurgh qunnoq
darth sidious, you were truly a master. qavan.