[Tlhingan-hol] Sex and Gender in Klingon

Felix Malmenbeck felixm at kth.se
Mon Mar 14 09:05:28 PDT 2016

I've always assumed that {nga'chuq} is related to {ngaghchuq}; either *nga'* is an old form of {ngagh}, a cognate, or maybe {ngaghchuq} mutated into {nga'chuq} through common use.

So you wouldn't say *qanga'*; even in the odd event that you want to specify yourself as the sexer and your partner as the sexee, you'd say {qangagh}.

In one of the audio courses (PK?), there's a phrase along the lines of:

{targhlIj yIngagh! yIruch!}
"Go mate with your targ!"

There's also the non-canonical *nga''egh* which people sometimes use to refer to ... self-administering physical therapy.