[Tlhingan-hol] Klingon Word of the Day: ba'

SuStel sustel at trimboli.name
Fri Mar 11 10:50:48 PST 2016

On 3/11/2016 1:40 PM, chransberry at gmail.com wrote:
> Thank you! I put {ghu} last, because it's the subject of {Qub}, but now
> I see that it's also the subject of ba', so yeah, it could go after that
> too.

Yes. {quSDaq ba'taHvIS ghu Qub ghu} "while the baby sits in the chair
the baby thinks."

> Thanks for the input on the suffixes; I was thinking that the planned
> conquest would be an accomplished complete action, but I guess the time
> marker {jItInchoHDI'} makes it already a completed action at the time he
> becomes big, and the meaning of {-DI'} being "when, as soon as" makes
> the {-choH} redundant; is that correct?

The {-choH} on {tIn} is not redundant; I meant a hypothetical {-choH} on
{chargh} would not be necessary.

{jItInchoHDI'} "when I become big" is what you mean. {jItInDI'} "when I
am big" doesn't imply beginning to be big; if you were somehow big on
Tuesdays and Saturdays you could use that phrase to refer to all of
those times.

You might also consider the verb {nen} "be mature, grown-up, adult."

http://trimboli.name